I'll start with this category, in the hopes that it will cheer me up.
1. Lots of spicy food
2. A slice. Then another.
3. People who put a little pep into it.
4. Extreme air-conditioning.
5. People who speak my language, in every sense of the phrase.
6. Non-dubbed American TV shows.
7. Eyebrows that don't raise at the drop of a hat.
8. Getting back onto some kind of reasonable diet that doesn't involve chocolate before noon.
9. Speaking of that: much less dairy, much less bread, much less sugar. A lot more vegetables (and I'm not talking half-butter, half-potato puree), and shopping expeditions to Whole Foods.
10. Personal space.