Friday, May 8, 2009

jour no. 9 - le dejeuner, tuileries



Today wasn't quite as lovely as yesterday - it was a bit cloudy and chilly - but it's a holiday, so the gardens were filled with happy French people, enjoying their second three-day weekend in a row. I picked up lunch at Eric Kayser: poached chicken and tomato confit on rustic baguette, Pellegrino (because the other option was Vittel, which I loathe), and, because it was included in the lunch deal, a tarte au citron, which you can just see peeking out of its little box. I ate my lunch, and read my book, and watched the people and the birds, and was très contente.

5 comments:

  1. Envy renders me silent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't be silent! share, pls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had chicken strips at Dennys for lunch today, so THERE! Seriously, what is it about French food? It's just a sandwich and a sweet but it looks so wonderful. An Aristotelian ideal of a meal. Well, it's food made with love, isn't it, as opposed to our conglomo-meals. Anyway, merci beaucoup for giving us these delicious peeks inside Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the French. You get a tarte citron to go with the sandwich and not some sad little salad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know - and it was SUCH a perfect tart.

    ReplyDelete